Internal Auditor – MalaysiaApply Now
Salary: RM8,000 - RM13,000
Number of vacancy: 1
Posted Date: 13/12/2018
Reports To: Country Head/Board of Directors
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Hours of Work: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Key Purpose of Role:
To assists in the establishment, development and evaluation of the encryption currency exchange internal controls over financial reporting, compliance and business operations.
- Leads and establishes best practices around Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Audits throughout the encryption currency exchange
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Challenging current processes across the organisation and identify opportunities for refinement.
- Playing an active role in the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all legislations and best practices.
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required AND 4 or more years of relevant audit experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business/information technology risks and/or audit techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
- 4 – 5 years of direct experience working in financial institutions with AML compliance and expert in-depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
- Experience working in relevant, but non-traditional audit roles, such as compliance testing and quality assurance within first or second line compliance functions
- Preferred designations include CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) or other relevant business designation
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organisation and time-keeping skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate risk, plus implement solutions
- Excellent reporting skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines
- The ability to think objectively
Salary/Benefits: RM8,000 – RM13,000